Monday 9 September 2013

My Top Ad's Of The Week

Now, because I only started this blog on Saturday, this is effectively last weeks top Adverts. Normally my blog posts like these will be posted on Fridays to sum up the week, but today it's a bit different. I personally love viral videos, I believe they can be so powerful and their reach can be extraordinary. I will share both viral videos and adverts with you as I think a viral video done well can have as much influence as any advert could.

LG Ultra Reality
The first video which caught my eye this week was LG's Ultra Reality meteor prank. I found this video so entertaining and hilarious I shared it around the office and with my Twitter followers. If you haven't seen the video yet, check it out below, a very clever way to advertise the new product. I can't imagine what was going through people's minds when it was happening! There is a lot of hype about this video being a set up, but either way LG have pulled it off as everyone is talking about it.


Stats
Views: 7,468,523
Likes: 43,250
Published: Sept 3, 2013


Guinness- Made Of More
The next advert which was brought to my attention was Guinness' 'Made of More' which features men in wheelchairs playing basketball. I actually found this through a link via Twitter on Friday and when I watched it, it has around 100,000 views. Today it has 3,687,743 views, showing the sheer power the internet can have. This advert has a very heartfelt and touching message that really sums up the last line of the advert 'Made Of More.' The advert itself is quite basic and very simple, but that's what makes it so great, it's all about the message, no gimmicks or fancy lights, just the important and underlying message. The music in the background- 'To Build A Home' is also one of my favourite songs. Definitely worth a watch and share.


Stats
Views: 3,687,743
Likes: 20,845
Published: Sept 3, 2013


Nike- Possibilities
I actually saw the shortened version of this advert for the first time on TV last night and decided to go to YouTube to find the longer version. Again, this is a powerful advert with a strong message of your possibilities running through it. The way this advert blends and is put together is brilliant and it does make you think you could be doing more with your potential. Spot the famous faces in here too! Check it out below.


Stats
Views: 10,367,690
Likes: 25,538
Published: Aug 21, 2013


Twerk Fail
Now this is a funny one. This viral video has been circling my social channels constantly! I first found this video via Twitter and went on Facebook a minute later and it will over my Timeline. The video features a girl recording herself doing the latest dance craze 'Twerking' but ultimately failing in the most unfortunate way. I do not know if this video is real or fake but it is hilarious either way and definitely worth a watch!


Stats
Views: 8,353,278
Likes: 36,091
Posted: Sept 3, 2013



So that's it, my Top Ads/Virals of the week. Hope you enjoyed them! Let me know what your favourites were and if you have any great Ad's you've seen this week, share them with me.

Cya x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for one marvelous posting! I want to encourage that you continue your great posts.
    Interior Designing services in Clapham

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...